Designed as a cruiser-racer, the Southern Wind 78 is ideal for both bluewater navigation and competitive races.
Continuously upgraded and maintained in top condition. Prestigious honours at the Rolex Fastnet and Rolex Maxi Yacht Cup. List of refit available upon request.
- Builder: Southern Wind Shipyard
- Year of Build:2001
- Series, Model, Class:Reichel-Pugh Nauta 78
- Naval Architect: Reichel-Pugh Yacht
- Design Interior Designer: Nauta Design
- Length Overall:23.99 metres
- Length at Waterline:20.5 metres
- Beam:5.9 metres
- Max Draught:3.8 metres
- Displacement Tonnage:34
- Hull Type: Monohull
- Max Speed: 10 kn
- Cruising Speed: 9 kn
- Fuel Capacity: 1200 litres
- Range: 1600 nm @ 9 kn
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Total power: 230hp
- Hull: GRP
- Superstructure: GRP
- Deck: Teak
- Cabins : 3
- Guests: 8
- 3 luxury cabins, including a 16sqm Master Cabin.
- She features freshly renovated, light, modern interiors thanks to a classic teak-lined saloon with an ivory natural fabric upholstery, a teak and holly floor, and a white ceiling. This area is accessed by a stairway from the upper deck and occupies the full beam width of the yacht, accommodating both an 8/10-seater dining table, a comfortable conversation area and luxury accessories including a refrigerator and an icemaker.
- First unit in the successful SW78 mini-series designed by Reichel Pugh
- Categorized as a cruiser-racer : uncompromising performance, elegance as well as comfort
- Ample and protected guest cockpit separated by the aft crew cockpit granting privacy
- Shading facilities : dodger, bimini and a boom-extended awning
- Freshly renovated light modern interiors: classic teak-lined saloon with ivory upholstery
- Saloon equipped with TV and multimedia: internet, CDroms, FM radio, and connection to iPad and Iphone
- Spacious and wide en suite master cabin at the stern & all guest cabins are air-conditioned