The First 42 is an authentic fast cruiser racer by the leading yacht designer German Frers. It offers a very high level of liveaboard comfort as well as the excitement of a thoroughbred sailing yacht. This owner version sailing yacht with a racing pedigree offers spacious accommodation for 6 in 2 cabins plus saloon with 2 WC. Recently fully renovated and competed antifouling treatment. A rare and sought-after cruiser/racer.
- Designed by German Frers
- Construction : GRP
- Length over all : 13,30m
- Beam : 4,00m
- Draft : 2,15m
- Displacement : 8500kg
- Ballast : 4000kg
- Cabins : 2+saloon
- WC : 2
- Berths : 6/8
- Engine – Perkins : 50hp
- Fuel capacity : 150lt
- Water capacity : 400lt
- Fridge capacity : 150lt
- Mainsail area : 35,20m2
- Genoa area : 63,00m2
- First 42 has a roller-reefing genoa (new 2010) and a batten main (new 2010).
- The running backstays, eleven deck winches (including high-powered three-speed Lewmars for the genoa) and very complete deck hardware and sailing equipment allow for precise and easy sail handling and adjustment.
- Also renovated are the compass, the multi-function log, the heavy-duty Raymarine 6000 autopilot with upgraded S2 course computer, the GPS with plotting facility, the navigation charts, the rails, the swimming ladder, the extra-large sun tent, the teak in the cockpit, the electric anchor winch with remote controls, the bimini top (new 2010), the teak cockpit table, the radio/cassette/CD-player etc.
- Upholstery, headlining, varnish, electric fridge, kitchenware and cutlery (by Habitat) are all renovated.
- Electric fridge plus separate icebox, hot water.
- Eight guests in two double cabins plus saloon, has two heads/showers, hot and cold water, a very large chart table that makes navigation planning a joy, and a spacious galley area with generous working surfaces, two sinks and two cooling compartments (one cooled by electric fridge and the other an icebox).
- This is the owner-version with much more comfortable and spacious accommodation, with extra-large forward stateroom with its own couch and en-suite heads/shower compartment.
- The yacht has 8 berths: in addition to the forward double stateroom and aft double cabin there are 2 pilot berths in the saloon, and the 2 couches are also berths.