This 115ft ketch was built and designed by the famous Camper and Nicholson shipyard in Gosport, United Kingdom, and launched in 1952. Designed for long North Atlantic and Arctic cruising, she was given her extremely seaworthy structure and volumous hull form, which gives her interior space and comforts that are normally not found in many (racing) classics of this size, giving the vessel an exclusive elegance of style, solidity and reliability. In the early 80’s she was fitted a new interior and a bermudian rig. During 1996/97 she was restored and given a new rig and partially new interior, new electrical systems, sails etc. Material : Wood on steel frames. Accommodates 8 guests in four cabins.
- Type: 35m Classic Sailing Ketch
- Builder: Camper & Nicholsons, Gosport, UK
- Designer: In-house Camper & Nicholsons
- L.O.A.: 35m / 115FT
- L.W.L.: 22m / 72FT
- Beam: 6.1m / 20FT
- Draft: 3.85m / 13FT
- Displacement: 150 tonnes
- Ballast: 41 tonnes
- Upwind Sail Area: 402m2
- Downwind Sail Area: 750m2
- Classification: Netherlands Antilles Shipping Inspectorate Commercial Registration for all operating areas,
- originally built to Lloyd’s Register scantlings, 100 A-1.
- Cruising Speed: 8.5 knots @ 1400 RPM
- Range: approx. 3000 NM @ 8.5 knots
- The hull is of 2 1/16inch Burmese teak planking on 4½ x 3 x 7/16 inch sections steel frames. Keel, stem and aft deadwood mahogany. The masts are made of Oregon Pine (new 1996).
- Propulsion Engine: Cummins NT-855 M 300 HP @ 1800 RPM (6631 hrs)
- Propeller: 1.0 m diameter, 3-bladed fixed pitch propeller
- Electricity: 230/400V 50Hz three-phase AC, 24V DC
- Generators: 2 x Onan MDKAF 22.5kW generators, starboard genset new 1999 (8740 hrs), port genset new 2000 (8136 hrs)
- Batttery Chargers: 2 X Mastervolt
- Batteries: 10 x 200Ah service, 2 x 200Ah emergency, 2 x 200Ah engine starter, 2 x 95Ah generator starter
- Air Conditioning : CLD Marine, 48000 BTU 14kW (new 2001), single compressor with air handlers in all guest cabins and communal areas.